Wednesday 26 September 2018

The Start of the Journey


So this is the start of my development blog posts to chronicle my progress for the future so I guess I should introduce myself.

I'm Zak, I'm designing and developing an RPG through Unity of which I hope to have a solid, playable prototype of by the end of the year. This is what I'm spending my placement year doing, and I will be chronicling my progress here.

I've been working on this project for around two months now, with the first one and a half months being almost entirely design work. I've designed the core mechanics, several enemies, lore, character classes, puzzles and more.

The last two weeks I have been working on my prototype. I guess the best thing to do would be to show you what I've made so far.

This is a video from a week ago, and it's already changed a lot since then!

There's a lot more I could say here, but I think I'll keep it short.
I expect to post more updates here at least once a week. Thanks for reading.

Note: I'm not an artist or musician and everything is subject to change. This is simply to show how much progress I can make by myself! I intend to get professional help with the art and music for the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment